The Carbon Carbon California Company has a senior geologist position open. Read below for details.
We are seeking an experienced geoscientist to support exploitation and development of conventional, legacy oil plays in the Ventura Basin of California. Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Provide Geoscience support for the Operations Team
- Assist in putting together development plans for existing asset base
- Work closely with reservoir engineers, landmen, field operations and financial analysts
- Evaluate conventional play opportunities in the Ventura Basin
- Map and communicate resource potential to management with high quality maps, cross sections, and other displays
- Perform regional geologic risk assessments of existing and/or emerging plays
- Minimal travel required
- Integrate and interpret multiple geologic and petrophysical parameters into a concise geologic model. Ability to incorporate geophysical understanding a plus
- Utilize surface and subsurface geotechnical data to generate geologic models through log correlation, cross-section construction, stratigraphic analysis, petrophysical analysis and strong mapping interpretation techniques.
- Expand and refine interpretations in existing plays and field as well as generate new play concepts.
- Utilize paper, raster and digital data sets with an expert ability to incorporate all data into a concise and defendable interpretation.
- Effectively utilize advanced geotechnical software tools in the interpretation process
- Convey technical findings through oral presentation and written to cross-technical teammates as well as upper management
- Periodically evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Master's degree in Geology or Geophysics, or a Bachelor's degree with experience commensurate to a Master's degree, is required
- A minimum of 10 years of upstream oil/gas industry work experience
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Petrel, GeoGraphix and/or Petra
- Proven track record of project generation and development of conventional clastic and oil shale reservoirs
- Experience with thrust belt and complex, conventional oil plays
- Must be able to work in the United States indefinitely
- Prior work experience in the Ventura Basin is highly desired
Very strong computational, data management skills, and latest software and technology such as: Microsoft Office, MMRA, Landmark, SMT, Seisworks, GeoProbe, Geolog, Paradigm, Petra, Petrel, Geographix, ArcView, ArcGIS, Paradigm, programming languages a plus
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills supporting ability to work with multiple individuals and concurrent project requirements/deadlines
- Successful candidate will possess interpersonal skills that include a high level of intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency in an environment with shifting priorities.
United Water Conservation District is advertising for a Water Resources Technician. The positon is full time and will remain open until filled. Interested candidates can find more information on UWCD’s website.